Fer-Pal Infrastructure is an entrepreneurial leader in water main rehabilitation services in North America. With a 30-year award-winning history of ensuring clean and safe water for states and municipalities, Fer-Pal continues to grow rapidly as a result of our leading-edge team, innovative technology, and customer excellence. Once again, to keep pace with customer demand, Fer-Pal seeks to hire a Yard Mechanic to work in the Michigan area.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, and work for a great employer offering competitive rewards. Competitive hourly wages are provided as well as health benefits, a 401k program and overtime opportunities. On the job training will be provided and there is potential for career advancement.
Fer-Pal Company Mission:
FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Yard Mechanic will work as part of the Fer-Pal team at our Taylor, MI office. The position will help maintain and repair our fleet of vehicles and machinery used to provide services for our water main rehabilitation customers.
- Adhere to company safety program and policies.
- Perform daily repairs.
- Emergency and preventative maintenance on all trucks, trailers, and other shop equipment.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and electrical systems on trucks, skid steers and specialized equipment.
- Must be proficient in diagnosing electrical, hydraulic, and air brake problems.
- Welding skills (MIG).
- Perform annual DOT inspections.
- Adjust, replace, and repair machinery, vehicles and equipment as required.
- Test and ensure a successful completion of work.
- Document maintenance and repairs according to standard procedures.
- Maintain flexibility and help the team meet its goals.
- Ensure inventory is stocked with needed supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized shop and yard space.
- Perform a variety of maintenance duties and other assignments as needed.
- Periodically unload/load trucks with hi-lo.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- A valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B with Air Brakes minimum) preferred.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong ability to continuously learn to work on new equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive and deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to work well with and without direct supervision.
- Own transportation, valid driver’s license, and a good driving record.
While interest from all applicants is appreciated, we regret that we will only be able to contact qualified candidates.