Fer-Pal Infrastructure is an entrepreneurial leader in water-main rehabilitation services in North America. With a 30-year award-winning history of ensuring clean and safe water for municipalities in Canada and USA, Fer-Pal continues to grow rapidly as a result of our leading-edge team, innovative technology, and customer excellence. Once again, to keep pace with customer demand, Fer-Pal seeks to hire a Parts & Inventory Control position at our North York office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and earn competitive hourly wages and additional rewards including employer paid health benefits, an RRSP contribution and matching program, overtime and per diems for travel, in-house training, and potential career advancement.
Fer-Pal Company Mission:
FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
The Parts and Inventory Control position will effectively monitor and manage parts and inventory related to Fer-Pal’s automotive shop and fleet. This position reports to the Shop Foreman.
- Ordering and tracking parts and inventory for mechanics
- Data entry/database tracking against work orders
- Generating and tracking purchase orders in collaboration with accounts payable and finance team.
- Organizing and re-stocking parts department
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping of parts and inventory
- Act as point of contact for suppliers, ensuring strong partner relationships
- Ensuring safe work practices is critical to success
- Adhering to standard operating procedures.
Skills and Capabilities Required
- General automotive knowledge with automotive-related work experience
- Demonstrated organizational capability with keen attention to detail
- Microsoft Office fluent, strong PC skills
- Able to do physical work: lift 50 lbs, able to stand for long hours, kneel, climb ladders
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Operate forklift (training will be provided in house)
- Proven to have excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated collaborative work style with strong relationship building skills
- Self-initiating and motivated
- Must have schedule flexibility to work Saturdays