Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanics work as part of the Fer-Pal team maintaining and repairing all vehicles and machinery used to provide services for our watermain rehabilitation customers.
- Ensuring safe work practices is critical to success at Fer-Pal
- Diagnosing faults and malfunctions.
- Adjusting / replacing/ repairing machinery, vehicles and equipment as required.
- Testing and ensuring successful completion of work.
- Documenting maintenance and repairs according to standard procedures.
- Maintaining flexibility and help the team meet its goals.
- Adhering to standard operating practices.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Truck and Coach and Automotive Service Technician Trade Certifications (Both 310 T and 310 S preferred).
- Strong ability to continuously learn to work on new equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive and deliver results under pressure.
- Combination of relevant experience and education.
- Ability to work well with and without direct supervision.
- Own transportation, valid driver’s license, and a good driving record.
Fer-Pal Infrastructure is an entrepreneurial leader in watermain rehabilitation services in North America. With a 30-year award-winning history of ensuring clean and safe water for municipalities in Canada and USA, Fer-Pal continues to grow rapidly as a result of our leading-edge team, innovative technology, and customer excellence. To keep pace with customer demand, Fer-Pal seeks to hire a Truck and Heavy Equipment Mechanic , reporting to the Shop Foreman and to work at our North York office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, and earn competitive hourly wages and additional rewards including employer paid health benefits, an RRSP contribution and matching program, overtime, in-house training, and potential career advancement.