The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize water main projects within deadlines, specifications and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Review and understand project plans and job requirements for equipment, materials, and installation.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables, and develop full scale project plans in collaboration with senior management, stakeholders, clients including contract compliance.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, troubleshoot problem areas and devise contingency plans.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend and communicate subsequent budget changes to all stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and stakeholders.
- Lead project reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and company safety policies.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Construction Management / Project Management.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience in the water and sewer industry would be an asset
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Previous experience managing people on a team.
- Can adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to travel within the USA.
Fer-Pal provides comprehensive on-the-job training to all new hires. As Fer-Pal is a fast-growing company, this position has longer term career advancement possibilities for the right individual. Fer-Pal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.